Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Breakfast Burritos.

My friends and I have really been into freezer meals lately.
Today I made my sisters awesome freezer breakfast burritos.
First you bake the tots {and I season mine as well}
While they are baking I sautéed two large yellow onions {from my mom's garden} and three pounds of Jimmy sausage {I did one pound of spicy sausage and the other two normal}.
 30 eggs, which were farm fresh from my neighboor :)
{add a little butter to them to make them more fluffy and add lots of seasonings}
 You can use whatever salsa you fancy, this is what my sister uses and Gregg likes it so it is what I use {usually we are stickily a Pace Picante sauce family}.
 I just buy already cooked tortilla's for this recipe, keeping it simple.
I lay them out on pans like this to flash freeze them before putting them in zipper bags.

Breakfast Burritos {freezable}
Tiffany Hopkinson

4 pounds Tater Tots
3 pounds Jimmy Dean sausage (can get bulk at Costco)
1 pound Jimmy Dean hot sausage (for the extra flavor)
2 large yellow onions, chopped
30 eggs
36+ Tortillas
1-2 cups shredded cheese
4 tablespoons butter (optional)
Salsa
Salt, Pepper and other seasonings you like

Roast two cookie sheets full of tater tots in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  Season with seasoning salt (or other seasonings you might like).  Set aside.

Sauté 2 large yellow onions until just lightly browned - then add the sausage and fry until cooked.  Set aside.

Scramble 30 eggs (can use some egg white substitutes if you want).  If you want fluffy eggs add about 4 tablespoons of butter.  You can also add about 1/2 cup of milk to thin out the eggs a little.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Set aside.

In the largest bowl you have mix together the eggs, sausage and hash browns.  The hash brown may break apart a little and that is okay.

Fill each tortilla with about 1/3 cup of filling.  Add a spoon full of salsa to the top and sprinkle in some cheese.  

Roll the tortillas up tight, tucking in the sides.  Line them up tight on a cookie sheet and flash freeze them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.

Once they are frozen line them up in ziploc freezer bags and keep in your freezer.

When you are ready to eat one, take it out of the freezer and place in the microwave.  (everything is already cooked inside so you are just warming them up).

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment