Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Japan {Yakitori Dinner}.

We found a yakitori place on the street to eat at for dinner.
I am pretty impressed with Nate's Japanese, he can pretty much order at any restaurant in Japanese.
I don't know why I took a pictures of my water.  I must have been really thirsty!
Yakitori 焼き鳥 is traditional grilled chicken {although now it commonly refers to any small bite sized poultry or non-poutry items} that is skewered and grilled.
This potato was so small, we were trying to show by the size of Lauren's hand.
Somehow they grilled it just like that and it was cooked to perfection.
I don't know what this green sauce was, but it was SO good.
My dinner was moving and they still expected me to eat it.
Weird.
Lauren and I watched the chef preparing our food.  He had this basket of fresh vegetables that he would grill up fresh.
Cutest little Japanese guy ever.
Cute restaurant too.
Nate is in the back sitting at our table.
More of the amazing green sauce.
The owner had a collection of action figures and hot wheels.
This restaurant had class.
The owner bowing to us as we left.
I don't know if he was kicking us out or saying thank you!
Pete was out!
All of us in the elevator at our hotel.
We went up to the upper lounge of our hotel to talk and have dessert {and enjoy the nighttime view of Kyoto} - the cute hotel worker put these chair together in the corner so we could lay Pete down.  So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment