Thursday, April 30, 2015

Ashley's Wedding.

We landed in Salt Lake after about 18 hours of traveling and rushed home to see our kids.  After a quick love from the kids I jumped in the shower and got ready to head down to Lindon to a wedding reception of dear friend.
{Ashley, me, Allison, Sherry Hall}
I met the Hall family {Brother Hall not pictured} in Pacific Palisades, California while serving my mission and today Ashley was married in the Salt Lake Temple.  I was so bummed when I realized a few months ago that I would miss the sealing by a few hours because I was flying.
My companion and I taught Allison and she was baptized while I was serving in Malibu.

October 4, 2003
{can't remember the name of her friend who baptized her, me, Allison, Sister Kuwahara}
In the summer of 2008 Allison was married in the San Diego temple and Gregg and I made a trip down there to support her and the family.
{Ashley, Allison and me}
{Sherry, Dave, Allison, Larry and Ashley}
I have kept in close contact with the Hall family.  In fact a few weeks ago when Gregg and I were in Vegas we met up with Allison and Dave for dessert one night.
Back to tonight!
Ashley got sealed in the SL temple today and I didn't want to miss the reception despite the fact that I was incredibly sleep deprived {still haven't slept since the morning we got up and walked to Tokyo tower}.
Ashley looked beautiful.  I loved her hair so she let me take a picture of it.
Everyone left a finger print with their name by it on a piece of art work as the 'sign-in' I thought it was a cute and creative idea.
The reception was a beautiful sit down dinner - I was flying solo - it didn't seem fair to ask Gregg to join me and to leave the kids after a long international trip.
I didn't think to take a picture of the table scape until AFTER the dinner and dessert bar :/ but you get the idea.  It was so simple and elegant.

This table was full of family, the bride and groom and a lot of friends from the Pacific Palisades ward in California.  It felt like a family reunion/ward party!  I served in that ward for 9 months and have kept in touch with many of the people there.  It was so fun to sit and talk and update since the last time we all saw each other.
The beautiful flowers
{lighting and pictures are kind of bad because it was starting to get dark}
I am so happy for Ashley and for the entire Hall family.  They have come a long way since my companion and I were first invited into their home for a spaghetti dinner 13 years ago {I remember every detail of that dinner}.

If someone would have told me that some day I would sit in the temple with the entire family I wouldn't have believed them!!!  I was like a proud older sister or maybe even a proud mom today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment