Monday, April 27, 2015

Japan {The Golden Pavilion}.

 We stopped in a little hole in the wall place for lunch on the go.
By the time we stopped we were starving.
 There was this one lady working in her kitchen selling lunch.
It was a decent lunch.
This was the bathroom.
I had to take a picture.
I wasn't sure if I really wanted to wash my hands in that water.
 Tickets to the Kinkakuji 金閣寺 The Golden Pavilion.
The Golden Pavillian was amazing and completely breath taking.  When we walked around the corner and saw it we all stopped and stared.  
Lauren, Tagg, Nate, Gregg, Pete, Camille
Lauren read us the brochure so we could learn a little more about what we were looking at.
It is a Zen Buddhist temple dating back to the 1800's.  The gardens are an example of Muromachi period garden designs, it was a classical age of Japanese garden design.  The building and the landscape were meant to integrate in an artistic way.
Apparently this is one of the most visited sites in Japan by tourist.  I can see why!  It was so beautiful -everything about it, the architecture, the gold and the landscape.
One of the items on my "bucket list" of things to photograph while in Japan was bamboo.
Bamboo reminds me of Asia.  At the golden pavilion this was the fence.
Still more pictures, we couldn't get enough!
We walked around the gardens admiring everything.
Here are a few pictures of the inside plus what it looks like with snow.
It would be worth coming back just to see it in the snow.
The Japanese maples were amazing.
Look what cuties I get to travel with!!
I have never been a big lover of ferns but they are starting to grow on me.
I am a sucker for their characters.
A place to offer prayers and burn incense.
Nate bought some wasabi peanuts ...
He and I were the only ones that liked them.
Look how huge those maples are.  I am guessing most have been growing since the 1800's' when the pavilion was first built.
I can't say enough good about how beautiful the building and landscape was - not to mention amazing weather and lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment