Thursday, July 24, 2014

24th of July 5K.

My friend Tami and I have been running together for the last month or so in the evenings.  She is training for a big RAGNAR race in Las Vegas in the late fall and I am training for a 10K at Swiss Days.  We decided to sign up for the Charleston 5K for a little motivation .
 I didn't want to wake up Gregg before the race so I left this note on Pete so he would know that I had nursed Pete before I left.  I was trying to decide where to put the note so Gregg would see it - I figured on Pete was the most obvious :)
We documented a lot of our runs with pictures at the end!
 One night we finished our run in a huge rain storm in the dark, we were drenched by the time we made it back to our cars.  We tried so hard to get a good picture of the lightening but never succeeded.  I like Tami's instagram shot above.
 We sometimes have to pull out or phone's and take picture because it is so beautiful.  This is what we have named 'the Charleston route' It is actually part of the 5K race route, we have run it a lot of nights because the scenery is so pretty are we hardly ever see any cars go by.  Tami and I have had some good long chats about life, parenting, motherhood and religion while running these back country roads - I love it.
In motion.
 I took this picture as I was leaving my driveway one night.
 Now on to our next running goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment