Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Conference Cinnamon Rolls - 2013 version.



Conference Cinnamon Rolls.
2013 Version

1 cup of butter
2 cups milk
1/2 cup hot water
2 tablespoons yeast
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
7 cups flour (about)
Brown sugar, melted butter and "Millie's special Cinnamon" for sprinkling on the dough before rolling.

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and set aside.

Melt the butter and warm the milk then them combine them.

Add the yeast to the milk and mix well, then beat the egg and add it.

Slowly add the remaining ingredients and mix until the dough separates from the bowl.  Knead the dough for two minutes on low speed.

Let the dough rise until doubled in size (about 45 minutes)

Punch the risen dough down into a ball, roll out, spread with melted butter, brown sugar and Millie's special cinnamon.  Roll it up and cut into cinnamon rolls.



{that is right, I have my own cinnamon - there always has to be a secret ingredient}!

Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes (watch them closely, every oven is different)

*note you do not have to let them rise again after making them into cinnamon rolls.

Frost with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!

*another tip, I think they cook most even and best in a clear glass baking dish.

Although this time I tried this large muffin pan that my sister had and I thought it was kind of fun - I also tried putting the rolls into a parchment paper cut into a square - I liked the presentation but the census among the boys was, "who cares what it looks like"

No comments:

Post a Comment