Saturday, April 27, 2013

Book Club.

Last night we had our monthly book club at my friend Karens house  We had a great Italian dinner to go along with our read, Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.

I have to admite I was excited when this book was introduced to me a month ago - part of the story takes place in Porto Vergogna, Italy which I have traveled to.  I started reading this book but was disappointed with the language, I kept reading until the book just became to raunchy for my taste {along with the bad language}.  I only ended up reading about 1/3 of the book before deciding I didn't want to continue.
So, that being said I don't really have a review, except that the language and content was too raunchy for me so I didn't finish it.

Next we are reading Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment