Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It was kind of fun to have a St. Patrick's Day on Sunday.
Today was our Stake Conference, we had Elder Anthony D. Perkins visiting.  Last night Gregg and I attended the adult session and instead of a talk Elder Perkins just opened it up to questions and answer.  He shared some interesting statistics about how the number of missionaries has changed since the age change announcement.

Each week usually about 13% of all calls was going to woman, when the age announcement was made it went to 50% woman / 50% men.  Now it is about 35% woman / 65% men.  They suspect that it will level off at 24% woman / 76% men - that means there will be about twice as many sister serving compared to before the age change!  

Whoot! Whoot!

There are about 95,000 missionaries right now, wow!

During the session today Truman was quietly coloring when he looked up at me and said, "mom, that is my music teacher talking!"  It was true, the primary chorister from our ward spoke in conference and Truman recognized her voice - I was impressed considering he has only been in primary for a couple of months.

This morning for breakfast we had green shamrock pancakes.  It was heavenly to go to church at 10 and be done at noon!  We came home and everyone took a nap!
{no matter how hard I try, I can not find anything positive about 1 o'clock church}
Later in the day my family came over for a green dinner.  Dallin came up from BYU and my mom and dad came over from ... well, I guess technically they live in Heber now.  It is fun to talk 'house building' with my parents since we are both in the thick of it.  
A couple of nights ago Gregg and I went out to Kneaders for a quick dinner date.  I sampled the soda bread and fell in love with the texture - I had never even heard of it before.  Apparently it is an Irish thing so I decided to attempted it and it did not disappoint.  I will share the recipe below.
 Gregg loved the snuggles from a sleepy Jean, I guess that the party was not that exciting.
 Dallin found this note at the front door that a leprechaun left, it led the kids on a little scavenge hunt up and down and in and out of the house until they found the hidden treasure {under the piano}.
 Happy St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment: