Saturday, March 24, 2012

Book Club.

We had book club today.  We read Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay.  This is a really sad book.  It's about the 1942 Vel' d"Hiv Roundup that took place in Paris.  There are a lot of characters in this book - sp keep a note pad near by if you read it.  The chapters alternate between the 1942 story of Sarah in a Nazi camp and a journalists named Julia in 2009 writing about the events of 1942.  And of course their two lives collide {I won't spoil the plot}.
A few nights before book club a few of my girlfriends came over and we watched the movie Sarah's Key.
It was even more sad then the book.  I thought Kristin Scott Thomas did a great job playing Julia.
 Thanks Karen for hosting and serving a wonderful spinach quiche, fruit and orange juice!
I can't bring myself to give this book more then two stars.

Next we are reading Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner

1 comment:

  1. Sarah's Key is a good book and movie! Really sad though.

    ReplyDelete