Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Club.

I missed my monthly book club on Saturday because of my trip to Idaho.  This month we read My Story by Elizabeth Smart.  I was really bummed I didn't get to discuss it with my friends - after reading it I had so many questions and was curious what everyone else thought of the book.  

My mom had read the book and recommended it to me so on our drive up to Idaho we talked about it - then once I got to Idaho my aunt and cousin and I all sat around and talked about it, so I guess in a way I still had my own little 'discussion group' about it.
It is a very interesting story.  I was on my mission when she was found so I didn't see or hear any of the stuff swirling around in the media about her ordeal - my mission president did give us an article about it to read just so we knew the basics of what was going on.

I found there were some great lessons to be learned from Elizabeth and her strength, she is pretty remarkable.  It seems like this book could really help others who are trying to overcome life's large obstacles.

 Next we are reading Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson.

I also recently got together one night with some of the girls from our book club and watched The Book Theif - which we read last month.
Good Movie - I highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment