Monday, January 20, 2014

Freezer Meals.

Today with the help of my mom I embarked on the task of making 10 crock pot friendly freezer meals for my family.  I am not one that usually makes extra meals and puts them in the freezer but the idea of being prepared with some super simple dinners when baby arrives sounds really good to me!

The recipes along with a shopping list can be found HERE.
I pulled everything out of my pantry that I already had on hand and then marked on the shopping list the items I needed to purchase.  I had about 45 minutes between picking up kids so I ran to Wal-Mart and literally 'grabbed' the items I still needed.  I did't price compare or shop ads and I ended up spending about $60.  And most of that was on meat, which is a complete rip off at Wal-Mart {in my humble opinion} I never buy my meat there ... but I was in a hurry.
The shopping list was so organize and made everything really easy.

With my mom's help in the kitchen we had all 10 meals made and in the freezer {and all the dishes done} in about a hour and a half.  Seriously, it was so easy.  When Gregg came home tonight and I told him about it he was so excited.
Here are some of the meals;
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Chicken
BBQ Cranberry Chicken
Pineapple Glazed Ham
Sweet Teriyaki Chicken
Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
I wrote what each meal was on the zip-lock bag and also how long to cook it in the crock pot.  Most of the meals require that you also make fresh rice, potatoes, etc. 
I followed the recipes EXACTLY even though as I was making some of them I was thinking of how I might do things a little differently.  I figured for the first time around I would follow the directions and then take good notes on what my family likes and dislikes and how I might change things in the future.

I will definitely do an update to this post with which meals my family liked, and which ones we didn't - plus things I changed and added.

No comments:

Post a Comment