Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Book Club.

Tonight I hosted book club at our house.  We read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, one of my high school favorites.  I chose this book because I like it and I really like the new movie {and I thought it would be fun to have a movie night for book club}.  If you haven't read this book you must, it is a quick read and the new movie is great.
 I didn't take any decent pictures of the party or the food.  We had caramel corn, sodas and movie candy {"G" for Gatsby}.
 The things I love most about the new movie are the super creative cinematography and the way they incorporate modern music into a 1920's time period {which also seems to be the most criticized aspect of the movie}.
 The original movie with Robert Redford is really good to.
 I found this great character map on line.  I could have used that in high school!

Next we are reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

No comments:

Post a Comment