Saturday, May 22, 2010

triathlon.



Today was my long anticipated woman of steel triathlon and we woke up to SNOW.  I thought they would cancel the bike ride because of the wet roads.  But instead they canceled the swim because we would have all had hypothermia!  It was 34 degrees when I started the race.  Burrr..luckily I threw in some long spandex.
Instead of swim, bike, run we did a run, bike, run.
Me and Truman before the race.  He was a good sport.  We woke him up at 6 in the morning and then he hung out in the cold rain outside in his stroller during the triathlon.
So, instead of a swim they made us RUN, bike, run.  I have been swimming twice a week for the past two months on an all womans club team so I was bummed I didn't get to swim.  I could do the swim much faster then a run.

Someone gave Truman this cow bell to ring.

Starting the bike.  This transition looks so much more crowded then it felt.

Truman thinking, 'why am I hanging out in the rain this early in the morning?'

Done with the bike, now for the second run {I was not thrilled that I had to run twice}.
Here is what the transition area looked like. I am in there somewhere hanging up my bike and changing my shoes.
This is a funny picture {and not very flattering!}  I never saw Gregg and Truman at any of my transitions, except right here.  I was just starting the second run.  I heard Gregg's voice and turned to see him holding Truman in one had and the camera in the other.  It was the only time I saw them the entire race and it made me so happy {I am waving in the picture}.
Done!
Truman enjoying a big chocolate chip cookie for breakfast.
I did the triathlon in just under an hour and a half.  It felt really good and I was happy with my time.
There was a photographer taking pictures so when I get those I will post them.



PS- Doing this Triathlon was one of my 2010 goals. Hurray. Done!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I'm proud of you! I don't have the guts to try something like this. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job Camille. What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome, Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, maybe one day I will join you.

    ReplyDelete