Sunday, May 23, 2010

book club.

On Saturday night we had book club to discuss The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.  Tami hosted us at her house and served a yummy chocolate fondue.  I was not a huge fan of this book.  I had to restart it three times - it might have been that I was so focused on my triathlon that I had a hard time focusing on the book.  I would call this a modern day ghost tale.  I will say that I did like it a little better after discussing it with everyone at book club.
I am only giving the book two stars out of five {sorry}.

Next we are reading Candide by Voltaire.
It should be interesting.
Thanks Tamil for the wonderful fondue!



2 comments:

  1. Sharon and I went and saw Candide as a play. It was good. They theatre company, The Quantum Theater, didn't really have a theater of their own so they just put their plays on at random venues and would work them into the play. The did Candide in an old Car Pontiac dealership in the garage. The Orchestra was in the middle of the stage, brining a new meaning to the work 'pit' orchestra. They worked car parts and props through out the play. Anyway, I liked it. I'll be interested to know if it's worth reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille! I just saw your comment - we actually just moved to Colorado... Sad to leave beautiful Midway, but we are loving it out here. How are you guys? PS. Confession - I kind of loved 13th Tale. :)

    ReplyDelete