Friday, May 7, 2010

happy 5th.


Today is our 5th wedding anniversary.

Our first was spent in PC babysitting the Sumsion kids.  You have heard me blog about them before.  We usually babysit a few time a year.  They were very excited to share our cake with us {which by the way I did not freeze and save, I had a new fresh topper made}.

For our second I had balloons delivered to Gregg at work -he was totally embarrassed.  I kidnapped him early and we went to dinner at the Melting Pot in Salt Lake.
We were both so sick on our third anniversary that we stayed in bed {sick} all day.  It was kind of fun to relax and watch movies together.

I spent our fourth anniversary in Idaho Falls with my mom, brother, Truman {who was two weeks old}and my aunt Ilene {who helped me make my first birdie sling bag}.  Gregg was sick so I took the baby and left town so he would not get sick {remember it was the SWINE flu scare}

{our anniversaries getting lamer as the years go by}.

Today will be good...I can't blog about it yet because I am in charge of the planning and I don't want to spoil the surprise for Gregg {all I can say is that it involves wood - the traditional fifth wedding anniversary gift}.
It has been a fantastic five years!  Thanks Gregg and thank you to all our friends and families for your support and examples.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great day! FUN pics from the trip! Darling bday pics/cake for Truman's bday! Glad you are back! Sad you will miss BC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I cant wait to hear the details. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I love that you didn't freeze the cake...so few turn out well anyways. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wood? I am interested in the final results as well....Happy Anniversary (a little late!)

    ReplyDelete