Saturday, April 17, 2010

book club.

We had book club today at Laura's house to discuss "Left to Tell" by Immaculee Ilibagiza.  It is the story of a girl who survived the Rwandan Holocaust that happened in 1994 {not that long ago}.  I really like the book - and the things I leanred.  Obviously God's hand was in the survial of Immaculee.  She basically hid in a bathroom that was 2 feet by 3 feet with several other woman for three months.
Thanks Laura for the yummy quiche, muffins and fruit!

I give this book four and a half stars out of five.  

Next we are reading "The Thirteenth Tale"  by Diane Setterfield

After book club I rushed the Lehi to my girlfriend Jessica {Rockwood} Silva's house for lunch with some Park City High School girlfriends.

Now {above} Then {below}



Katie just had a little boy a few months ago; Jessica got married last summer and Kelli just moved with her five kids from California back to Utah...we had so much fun catching up.
Thanks Jessica for hosting us!

1 comment:

  1. We read the Thirteenth Tale for our book club last year and I thought it was very clever. The author did a good job. I will look forward to hearing how you liked it. I also read "Left To Tell" last year. Remarkable story!

    ReplyDelete