Saturday, April 21, 2012

Book Club.

We had book club today.  We read Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner.  The story it's self is not that interesting.  There is no big love story to follow, drama, death, etc.  It is a simple story about two couples who are friends - but you learn of their deep compassion for each other and a powerful insight to friendship and marriage.  We had a great discussion about friendship and marriage and it made me like the book more {that always happens; I like the book more after our book club discussions}.

Kelli hosted in her beautiful home up Mirror Lake highway in Kamas.  She is a lover of food and made us an amazing breakfast; cinnamon waffles with caramelized apples and fresh whipped cream.  And maple syrup bacon with pepper.  Thank you Kelli!
Although I liked the book more after discussing it, I am still only giving it two stars out of five.

Next we are reading My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok.
I already picked it up from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment