Tuesday, September 6, 2011

book club.

I just realized that I never posted about our June book club - we had July off and now I need to post about August as well.  In June we read The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.  I had read it before but it was a good quick ready again.  Its about a Carnage Melon professor who is dying of cancer.  He basically writes his thoughts and feelings for his three kids he will leave behind and then presents his thoughts as a Last Lecture that was given at Carnage Melon.  Inspirational book.  Thanks for the yummy breakfast Monica.
We skip the month of July in our book club because summers are so busy.  So for August we read The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.  Unfortunately I missed this book club discussion but I did read the book.  It is an easy quick read that makes you think about life and freedom.  I wish I would have been able to hear what the other girls thought of the book.  Don Miguel Ruiz has another book that I also checked out of the library and read - it was not a good as the Four Agreements.  Thanks Laura for a great book.
For the month of September we are reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens - a classic. 
I have never read it so I am glad for the chance to read it - although I already know I can't attend book club again this month - bummer, I have a race that day.I am still reading the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment