Saturday, April 23, 2011

book review.


I just finished "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" which was recommended to me by my aunt Ilene.  It is a really cute, easy read {even though it is 500+ pages}.  It is a book and a picture book in one, alot of the story is told through pictures.  It is a book you could read with your young kids.  I beleive it is going to be made into a movie as well.

While I am writting reviews I am going to write about two other items I have been meaning to "review"

First - lots of my friends have been asking what jogger/stroller I finally decided on {see this post}.  After shopping all over Salt Lake and Provo and trying out every double stroller on my list I decided on the BOB Revolution.  Now that the weather has been a little bit nicer I have been out using it. I really like it.  It is light weight and really easy to push.  I pushed Turman and his couin Ira on two 4 mile walks the last two days and managed to keep up with my brother Anthony. A swivel front wheel is a must with a double stroller - the other feature that was a must have for me was an easy fold up stoller so I could easlity take it in the car places.  This BOB folds in half twice and easily fits in the back of my car.  The only two features I would have liked to have as well are a hand brake {for going down hill} and an ajustable handle bar for when Gregg push's it.


And finally, this.


For my birthday/Christmas I got this new 2011 Subaru Outback.  Gregg and I had been in the market for a new second car for a long time.  We could not agree on a car - we shopped and shopped and shopped trying to decided {and agree} on a good car for our family.  The criteria was a smaller car {then our trial blazer} that got good gas milage, fit the two car chairs, and was either all-wheel or 4-wheel drive.  We finally decided on the new Outback - it has the wider back seat {pefect for car chairs} and a big back {that fits all the stuff you need with a family of four - including the double stroller}.  There is plenty of leg room and the back seats recline {which acturally helps the big car chairs fit better}.  I am really happy with our decision and I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. You'd fit in up here in the northwest. It seems every other car is an Outback. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete