Saturday, February 20, 2010

rosemary bread.

2 1/2 tablespoons dry yeast
3 tablespoons sugar
4 cups warm water
8 1/2 cups white flour
4 teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
4 tablespoons oil
1/2 cube butter, melted


Combine yeast, sugar, and warm water and allow mixture to become bubbly.  Add salt, rosemary and flour.  Led dough rise in an oiled bowl covered until double in size {about 1 hour}.  Shape the dough into 8 small rounded oval loaves.  Brush melted butter over the tops of the loaves.  Sprinkle remaining rosemary over the loaves and press lightly into the surface.


Let loaves rise again until doubled, about 45 minutes.  Sprinkle lightly with course salt.  Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe. I just made it, but ran out of white flour, so I used half whole wheat and it worked great. I've used it for more than just this bread. I used different spices and made pizza dough once, I just didn't let it rise as much. It turned out pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete