Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Preschool.

Truman started preschool last week; two days a week for two and a half hours each day.  The first day we went together to meet his teacher, the second day the parents stayed for the first thirty minutes.  Truman was kind of disappointed that it was so short and that I stayed, he asked me if I could leave him for the entire day!
The first thing he said when I picked him up was
"Did you think about my while I was gone?"
The first day he came home with this poke-a-doodle sunshine.  They held a push pin in their hand and had to poke all the black dots around the sunshine.  It teaches them the correct way to hold a pencil.  How cool!
His first at home assignment was to decorate this sunshine with a picture of himself and the things he likes.  I think it turned out so cute!  Balls and the Lorax, that currently describes my little Truman.  The sunshine's are now hanging on the wall at school.
Last week after school he told me
"mom, today I am smart because I went to school"

1 comment: