Wednesday, October 27, 2010

book club.

Last weekend I hosted book club.  We read "Picking Cotton" by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino.  It was Tara's birthday so we had a salad bar, fresh made rosemary bread {recipe here} and TWO desserts
{I told her I would make whatever she wanted}!  The recipes are posted below this post.
I really like this book.  It is a true story about a man who is wrongfully convicted of a crime in the 1980's and later set free in the 2000's because of DNA testing.  The story is written by both the victim of the crime and the falsely accused man.  It causes you to really think about their different positions in the whole ordeal and about our justice system.  

I will give the book four and a half stars our of five.

Next we are reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini.





{next book club isn't until December and I have a little vacation planned between now and then...I need a few books to read, any suggestions}?

No comments:

Post a Comment