Saturday, January 23, 2010

going "green".

As most of you know I have a degree in Interior Design {with minors in Art and Architecture}.  I have owned my own Interior Design business {White Pine Design, Inc.} for 5 years now {wow, five years I can't believe it}.  I have always enjoyed Interior Design.


I was laying in bed last night thinking about ways I could more easily share what I love.  I am not really interested in staring an Interior Design blog {to many of those out here} - but I would like to somehow share with you {my faithful audience} a few of my favorite ID tips and tricks and what is "hot" and what is "not"!  I hope you can find some easy and inexpensive {or FREE} things you can do in your own home to help it have a designer feel.

My first post... going "green".  Did you know GREEN is one of the new 'it' colors.  Crazy.



okay -
I am not sure any of you are going to run out and paint your living room GREEN {like pictured above}.  I don't blame you!  I am not sure I would either!  But, there is something you can do to incorporate green into any room in your house {maybe start with you front room}.





Here is the perfect example.  Start by adding a GREEN plant to a room.  I have always used plants in my designing.  Recently I have been trying to keep a few live plants alive!





Don't you love these chairs, I do!



Here is a new addition to my bedroom.  I new live green plant.  Wish me luck!


I hope you learned something new from this post - and I hope you try to incorporate green into your home.  I was thinking it would be fun to feature you.  Take a picture of how you have incorporated green into your home and email me at camillesimons(at)gmail(.)com



5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more! I will take design tips any day. I am the lamest person ever when it comes to knowing how to make things have a wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'll have to e mail you a picture of our living rooom. We just remodeled it and painted the room green. It's a really dark green and my husband custom built furniture to match. I love it! Except the paint scratches really easy and my kids aren't very gentle with it. We'll probably repaint when the kids get a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must really need more of your help because I have a green living room almost like the one in the picture. Oh help me Camille! Actually I was thinking of you today and wondering when I'm going to see you again. I sure hope it's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have quite a bit of earthy green in our home...the condo was painted a very muted green/white...though it was hard to tell. Our first home in Vegas I painted the Master green. Not as bold as Katie's must be...it was an asian light green. Hers is probably much better. And it was a shocker to paint a top the peach that was there originally. I can't remember the other colors we used in the room. I think we're getting better, though I know I'll need to get help from the expert at White Pine Design before our next venture. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool idea. I like how you show various examples and some personal applications. post often.
    oh, and could you just schedule a trip to come fix my house? Except you can't paint the walls, you can't spend more than $20 and you can't add any thing I'll just have to protect and/or dust. Oh, that's why things look the way they do around here.

    ReplyDelete