Saturday, January 16, 2010

book club.


Today we met for book club.  We had a yummy breakfast and discussed "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.  I really enjoyed our discussion on the book {I must admit that while I was reading the book I kept picturing Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon}.  There is a lot of symbolism in this book and the girls all had very interesting comments on the book. Thanks Tara [M] for the great book, great food and great discussion!



I am going to give this book four stars out of five
{the four stars are for the symbolism not the actual story line}.

Next month I am hosting and I chose "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis.




6 comments:

  1. It was such a treat today! Thanks for being so cute, fun, and energetic about book club! Excited for next month! Darling invites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun. I may have to read your book a few times so I can contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura for starting the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Great Divorce. I really want to have a book club discussion on this book. (I wish I lived closer to you so I could join you.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the book our book club is reading next month. I got into the Hunger Games and can't put it down so I haven't started it maybe I should get it and read something to tear me away from the addicting hunger games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just saw Angels and Deamons and I thought to myself, I should read the books. The lost symbol looks the most interesting to me, maybe I will start there. The Great Divorce is great too, I always think about it when discussions of the afterlife come up.

    ReplyDelete