Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Update.

Pete and I both had doctors appointments today.

Mine was my 6 week post pregnancy checkup - everything checked out great.  There was a long pause when Dr. Haderlie asked how I was doing {given everything that has been going on} and if I had any concerns for myself ... I paused ... looked at Gregg ... and then said "myself"? ... I haven't thought about myself in, well ... I can't remember when I last thought about my needs.  I have been so focused on being a new mom, on managing the other two kids and, on getting Pete healthy.  I honestly had to sit and think about myself for a minute, and really ... I wasn't sure how to respond.  I think I am okay?!  It's been hard, but I am managing.  

Pete on the other hand is doing great.  He has gained another 3 ounces in 5 days.
Yahoo.
He is 7 pounds 3 ounces and even better he is ready to be off of his oxygen!!!  Now that he is not on oxygen we can put lotion on his face - another yahoo!  His poor face has been a disaster through all of this., now I can work on helping his skin heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment