Tuesday, September 29, 2009

book club.

A friend of mine in Heber asked me if I wanted to be part of a book club.  It's 11 girls from the community and we each take a month to select a book for everyone to read and then host a dinner party.  I have never been party of a book club before, I am very excited about our current group of girls.

Tonight was our first dinner party.  We read 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  Laura made homemade potato soup and salad and she bought Kneaders bread (!).  For dessert she make a chocolate cake and a pie!  So good.  Thanks Laura.


I am giving this book three stars out of five.




3 comments:

  1. That sounds like so fun!

    I am in a book club here. I just got the book for this month though and I am trying to get it finished. (it's not my favorite) But I look forward to meeting with the ladies because they're all so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a fun night, I am really looking forward to this and hope that we get a better turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss having book club. Have fun with that! I really liked that book you read. You'll have to keep us updated on how you like the next one...

    ReplyDelete