Monday, October 21, 2013

Landscaping.

This truck showed up today!  Hurrah, grass.

To tell you the truth it has been a little over-the-top stressful to also be trying to figure out landscaping while building.  Many times I have wanted to call it quits on the landscaping and deal with it in the spring, but the reality is I will be very grateful next summer when my kids have a yard to play in.
I took this picture for my brother McKay who is on a mission, it was taken from my dinning room {McKay wanted to see the snow already on Timp}.
Trees.
And more trees.
It happens to be the best time of year to buy trees.  It's the end of the season so everyone has them on sale and the trees actually do really well being transplanted this time of year.  Good new for us - it actually means I bought more trees then originally budgeted.
And more trees!!!
The only bummer was that the fruit tree selection was sparse.  I picked up a few very small fruit trees for cheap so we will see if I can baby them along.
This is why subs don't get along!
The facia and sofit guys want the exterior to themselves - those are all their ladders - and our landscapers want the grounds to themselves.  Instead they are learning to work around each other.
Although the trees were actually a really good size they look kind of small against the house - I literally walked around and "placed" each tree where I wanted it then went in the house to see from inside how it looked.  We only had to move two or three to get it just right {Gregg and I both feel like the landscaping should be an extension of the architecture and house}.
This is the back of our property, we wanted to line it with trees so that eventually it will feel more private.  There will be bark where the white fabric is although I made the executive decision to wait until spring to get the bark - so until it snows it will be white fabric!
The sandbox {which is not getting sand until spring}.  I saw a poured concrete sandbox a few months ago and fell in love with the idea.
The back left corner of our property has quite a big slope - we decided to build it up with a big rock retaining wall {which you can't really see in this picture} and then we added some rock steps down to our raised bed gardens.  I have 5 boxes in all, I am going to really have to work on my gardening skills :)
And off the right of our property we did this outdoor fire pit.  You can see the cantilevered red rocks that will be places to sit or tables for food, then there are three larger red rocks that are long and narrow for seating in front of the fire pit.  The steps off to the right lead up to the house {although the house you see pictured is our neighbors}.

No comments:

Post a Comment