Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cuberant Lake.

We hiked to Cuberant Lake in the Uinta's today with my parents.  
Next year Truman will be hiking, not riding.
Look at that view!
That is Bald Mountain in the background.
 First lake we came to with lots of lilies.
On the trail {taken with my mom's iphone} I carried Bodie who slept on the way in and on the way out {you can see his hands dangling by my side}.  Gregg carried Truman who slept on the way out.
 Sharing lunch with dad.
Throwing rocks into the lake was the main lunchtime entertainment for all the boys.
My dad skipping rocks.
Grandpa Quinn teaching Truman how to find flat rocks and skip them.
A series of pictures of Gregg's rock skipping across the lake.
 My mom liked Gregg's hiking shirt - actually, she had forgotten that she bought it for him years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of fun. We love hiking too. What is the name of your carrier that you use with Boden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrae - I have the ErgoBaby original baby carrier for Bodie. I was looking for one that I could wear on my front and back (which you can not do with a baby bjorn).

    As a baby he could ride on my front facing in (with a baby insert sold separately) then when he was a little older (9 months +) he started riding facing out on my front. Now he rides facing in on my back. He is almost 20 pounds and it works like a charm! He always falls right to sleep.

    For Truman I have a SherPani. My brother and I both purchased the same baby carrier (with a frame) and ours both broke in the same place (can't remember what brand it was) - bad design. I returned mine after a year and decided on the SherPani. LOVE IT! My brother-in-law has a Kelty and does tons of hiking with his 5 kids and said he loves the SherPani much better - the Kelty does not hold the kids very tight or close to your body (wobbly)

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete