Saturday, February 25, 2012

Book Club.

We had book club today.  We read Persuasion by Jane Austen.  I don't think I have ever read a Jane Austen book, how terrible is that?  I really enjoyed this book - I like how throughout the entire book the main character Anne Elliot is constantly 'persuading' everyone to do different things, and then we learn that several years earlier she was persuaded not to marry  Frederick Wentworth.  We learned at book club today that this book was published after Jane Austen had died.  She had never chosen a title for the book so her brother titled it Persuasion.  Interesting.  Many people think it is her best book.
Thank you Monica for hosting us for breakfast and a discussion.
I give this book three stars out of five.

Next we are reading Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay.


No comments:

Post a Comment