Saturday, December 4, 2010

book club.

We had book club today.  We read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.  It's about a young boy growing up in Afghanistan - his trials, his friendships, the culture, and his eventual move to America and life here.  It is a great novel with some great twists.  We had a good dissuasion about friendship, betrayal, love, and honesty.  One of my favorite parts of the book is when Baba (the father) is explaining to Ali (his son) that Theft is the only sin.
Thanks Tara for the scrambled eggs, fruit, blueberry coffee cake and orange juice.


I am giving this book four and a half stars out of five.
By the way - the movie is really good and follows the book exactly.

Next month...we don't know what we are reading.. still waiting for Tara McGown to decide!
Untill then I am going to read Two from Galilee by Marjorie Holmes and The Story of the Other Wise Man by Henry van Dyke

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book also. I love reading your book reviews and I've gotten good ideas on books to read from you. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete