Saturday, September 25, 2010

book club.

Today we had book club at Ali's house.  We decided to finish the Hunger Games series so we read "Mockingjay".  Most people {myself included} didn't like the series.  We talked a little bit about what we think made it so popular.  


 I am giving the book  two stars out of five.
{I liked the second book "Catching Fire" the best}

We also read "The Tao of Pooh"  by Benjamin Hoff.  I liked this book; it makes you think.  It is about how Taoism and Winnie the Pooh are similar.  There are alot of good 'one liners' in the book.  


 I am giving this book four stars out of five.
Thanks Ali for the yummy fruit and pastries!

Next month we are reading, Picking Cotton by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino.
It is my month to select the book and host.
{this book was recommended to me by my Aunt Ilene}

1 comment:

  1. Abe and I liked the hunger games books. We thought it was entertaining and easy reading. Plus we enjoyed the time we spent reading it together which probably increased how much I liked them. Everyone I've spoken to said they liked the books. . .

    ReplyDelete