Thursday, December 10, 2009

sick.


I think we have finally survived Truman’s first illness. Last Sunday he had a fever of 101.5 all night. The next morning I took him to see his doctor. He was getting an ear infection and the beginning of a chest cold. They put him on a three day antibiotic. On Wednesday night his temperature was 103. We went to the ER where they did x-rays and a blood test (I was so glad when I walked in and saw it was our doctor on call that night!) He determined that Truman was fighting a viral and bacterial infection at the same time (and pink eye).  I am hoping that we won’t get sick the rest of the winter!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds so rough!! Sickness is something I am definitely not looking forward to with a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick babies are soooo sad! And trips to the ER for babies can be soooo stressful! Hope he is fully recovered and healthy for the rest of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh how sad!!! I hate when babies are sick, it's so hard! I'm glad he's doing better

    ReplyDelete