Saturday, October 10, 2009

estate sale.


I have been going to some great Estate Sales around Midway and Park City.  On Thursday I took my mom with me to an estate sale in Park City where I picked up these great pieces.

1] A classic white vase for $20.  A perfect "decorating" piece for almost any style.  I am very excited about it {this is the kind of thing you would find at Pottary Barn for $80 + dollars}.

2]  A small toile foot stool for $40 {price tag said $125}.  I think I will put it in Truman's room, it has a little French boy and girl on it.  Again, a classic piece.

3]  A baby quilt for $8  {My mom estimated that this quilt would cost $50 to make}.  It is an adorable quilt for a little girl with paper doll fabric on one side and a small pink flower pattern on the back.  Once I wash it I will have to pack it away and hope I have a girl some day!


There was alot of other really nice furniture at the sale.  It would have been fun to pick up some more pieces, but I am not really in need of more furniture right now.



5 comments:

  1. OK! Tell me where to go?!?! I want in~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to come!! I have the time and desire to buy furniture to decorate my home since I'm not moving every few months. I have all of these great ideas that need a great price :)
    If only I weren't so far away!!
    Great pieces. I love the vase and foot stool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - I will let you know next time I go {usually it's on the weekends}

    I went back to this estate sale today because it was the last day. I looked at a few other pieces. I picked up a dinning room table, 2 captin chairs and 4 side chairs for a clients house in Deer Valley that I am working on right now {they were much more expensive $5,700} So fun.

    Linz - Don't remind me that you live to far away..so sad. I am still looking for a killer crib for you...no luck yet - just give it time, I will find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture is pretty much pro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a square end table for the family room. When is the next sale?

    ReplyDelete