Sunday, July 27, 2008

religion.


Okay. This is a funny story.

I serve in the Primary presidency in our ward - Sunday we had a visitor that was crying for his mom (it was S.Hughes grandson -from the former general RS presidency). I tried so hard to distract him but he continued to cry for his mom.

I finally decided to take him out into the hall and try to bribe him with some candy. I opened the door into the hall and pulled him out. I started explaining that his mom was in a "boring adult class" and that "primary was way more fun." I noticed someone else in the hall approaching us as we had our little 'discussion' about primary vs. going to the adult class. I pulled the little crying kid to the side of the hall so the approaching stranger could pass us.

I looked up to see Elder Jeffery R. Holland standing there watching the ENTIRE episode. He was the ONLY other person in the hall besides us...good thing I was not yelling at some kid!

9 comments:

  1. CAMILLE!!!! your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that's hilarious. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Well Sister... I wonder how the Lord would talk you into something?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...you should have posted your blog forever ago. It looks good and I like this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your patience is commendable. Good thing Elder Holland isn't popping out from around corners at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camille that is so funny! You look great. I am so excited you started a blog it is a fun way to keep in touch with friends! Our blog is chris-tiffany.blogspot.com Do you know does Katie have a blog?
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha... that never happens in Iowa. This is a great story you can tell your kids someday... love the blog! It's so cute... Libby says hi!
    q

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiff-I am glad you found me. Thanks for the link to your blog. Cute family. Katie just started a food storage blog. Do you keep in touch with anyone else from our Rick's days?

    ReplyDelete